Master Black Belt Certification
Begin the program at any point in the program sequence
This course introduces the fundamental Lean Six Sigma principles that promote continuous improvement approaches for industry, government and other organizations. Lean is focused on the creation of value through the reduction and/or elimination of waste. The basic principles have been applied to a wide range of organizations and sectors to improve quality, productivity, customer satisfaction, employee satisfaction, time-to-market and financial performance.
Master Black Belts are change agents who lead Lean Six Sigma projects at an enterprise level. Their efforts include deployment, training, coaching, mentoring, and providing technical support to Green Belts and Black Belts. NC State’s Master Black Belt (MBB) Certification Program provides a structured path for achieving your MBB certification with an emphasis on in-depth learning of statistics and leadership skills.
You must have received a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification prior to enrolling in the Master Black Belt course.
MBB Certification Program topics:
- Advanced DOE and Advanced Control
- Advanced Design of Experiments
- Data Analysis using Advanced Experimental Designs
- Advanced Control Charts
- Design for Six Sigma and Simulations
- DMADV Process
During the MBB program you will learn how to:
- Facilitate Lean Six Sigma teams
- Apply diverse learning styles during instruction
- Use advanced statistical tools to solve complicated problems
- Effectively deploy a process improvement program in your organization
- Create balanced scorecards and dashboard metrics for your organization
- Apply advanced experimental designs in your organization
- Conduct custom-designed experiments
- Analyze nonparametric (non-normal) data
- Assess the financial impact of Lean Six Sigma projects
- Assess the financial impact of a Lean Six Sigma program